The cold drawing of the metal alloys is a fundamental step for the
production of high quality products featured by good surface and reliable
The thermo-mechanical cycle involving the cold drawing aims at obtaining
smooth surfaces, hardened alloys, good machinability, strict control of the
geometric tolerances and of the microstructural
features (i.e. grain size).
This international meeting aims at sharing the knowledge about the
manufacturing processes of drawn products, design, optimization and control
of these processes and issues related to the management and logistics in the
This scope will be achieved by clear
• the state of the art on manufacturing of drawn products;
• metallurgy and microstructural transformation of the metal alloys (i.e.
carbon steel, stainless steels, Ni-superalloys, Ti-alloys etc.).
• correct design of the annealing processes;
• new in-line and offline control techniques for the quality assurance;
• equipment and new devices for the drawing plants;
• reference to applicable standards.
• Bar and wire manufacturing and fiishing machinery
• Pipe & tube manufacturing
• Tube bending & forming technology
• Process technology
• Auxiliary process technology materials and tools
• Equipments & machinery
• Heat treatments
• Measuring and control technology
• Test engineering
• Market issues
The workshop will be performed through invited presentation and on the basis
of the selection of the abstracts sent by authors and companies interested
in sharing their updated knowledge in the fild of wire, bar and tube drawing.
The deadline for the abstract undergoing
the selection is on June 30, 2017, in order to fulfil the final program.
The Conference language will be English.